The Tree House

September 18, 2007

A common vision for ICT coordinators?

Filed under: vision @ 8:57 pm and

5 years ago when I took up my current post, as the schools ICT coordinator, I had a very clear, and detailed vision of where I wanted the school to be in 5 years time.  I am glad to say that in many ways my vision has been fulfilled.  It is however time for me to figure out where the school is going in the next 5 years.  While each school will have aspects of ICT vision which are determined by levels of hardware, software or server provision, local expertise or the terms of a local or regional service agreement with an ICT provider, there must be a core vision which is common to all sound and forward looking ICT managers!The question is, what is that core vision?  With IT changing as fast as it does, what are the new technologies that we will be able to take advantage of?  What will be the implications of Glow once it has been in place for a year or so?  To new exciting things will be able to do with mobile phones, MP3/4 players, GPS devices or games consoles?  To what extent will we be able to make assumptions about what technology pupils have access to at home?While these questions are worth asking (and I am interested in your answers), I suspect that the answers to them will affect the fringe of the future vision.  I suspect that the main core of the vision will be based on taking what is already available and squeezing as much educational benefit out of it as possible.  At the moment I am developing the possible vision for the following areas in the hope that the big picture emerges out of the individual pieces.

• Hardware
  • Server Technology
  • Software
  • Staff
  • Pupils
  • The internet / Web2.0 ???

I know that some of the above overlap, but I recon that they are the key areas for my context. All that said, I do think that there is a common vision for ICT coordinators, and would welcome comments and thoughts particularly from any ICT coordinators out there in the ether. 

14 Comments »

1.   cheap jerseys — September 8, 2010 @ 2:32 am    

Thanks for such a great post and the review, I am totally impressed! Keep stuff like this coming.

2.   Cheap Jordans — April 2, 2011 @ 1:34 pm    

God helps people who support on their own.

3.   cheap mlb jerseys — September 6, 2011 @ 3:46 am    

cheap mlb jerseys, wholesale mlb jerseys, authentic mlb jerseys

4.   cheapjerseys — September 10, 2011 @ 7:38 am    

This is the story about love and Jerseys. They knew each other when they are in college, they are attract each other by their excellent and then their fall in love with each other.

5.   Cheap NFL Jerseys — September 24, 2011 @ 2:48 am    

Hahahaha huda una s celibatom.

6.   Patricia Smith — October 1, 2011 @ 4:37 am    

An integral part of his ICT vision, which aims to define where the Secretariat wants to be in three to five years, is the recognition that two sets of drivers must determine the future direction of ICT: (1) business needs and priorities of the Organization and (2) technology advances and market developments in the ICT industry.

7.   http://www.neweracapgroup.com/ — October 18, 2011 @ 2:42 pm    

The ballet boot is a contemporary style of fetish footwear that merges (the look of) the pointe shoe with the ultimate high heel.

8.   survetement — November 8, 2011 @ 7:44 am    

Beat N°1. Le survetement Vert. lesurvetementvert 8 videos. Subscribe Alert icon Subscribed. Sign In or Sign Up now

9.   nfl jersey supply — November 8, 2011 @ 10:16 am    

any number of sides After the impressive at the beginning of this season , the rest of Paul is disappointing , and lost Lebron James’ Cavaliers

10.   newerahat — November 10, 2011 @ 7:44 am    

The weakness of human nature have a clear understanding, but I believe true love, love will always cherish the simple longing.

11.   pandora bracelets — November 25, 2011 @ 8:10 am    

Combine your personal choice of pandora charms and wear them on pandora bracelets in sterling silver.

12.   Beats by Dr.Dre édition limitée — November 30, 2011 @ 4:34 am    

I beays by dre,beays by dre believe Beats by Dr.Dre édition limitée,Beats by Dr.Dre édition limitée that we are not real social workers.

13.   ipad 3 sleeve — September 22, 2012 @ 3:50 am    

Thanks for these tips, that is what I was looking for. I hope it will help me figting spam.

RSS feed for comments on this post.TrackBack URI